Today, we pushed version 0.2 of the SailfishOS Miataru client to the OpenRepos. From there it’s available via the Warehouse app.
First of all, Cyril Lintanff took some effort and came up with an awesome logo for the SailfishOS app.
We took the the original Miataru M from the iPhone app, and used it with well aligned with the SailfishOS guidelines. If you check the M it is a marker on a map, where the SailfishOS logo is used as contour map. All the credits for this mind blowing design belong indeed to Cyril.
With version 0.2 we fixed the recent start up issue, where as the app did start once and only once. We also introduced some kind of a database revisioning which makes it simple to update databases from any version you are currently running to any higher version. The first start might take a second or so more, however, we save some milliseconds when switching pages within the app.
In addition, thanks to Daniel for a bunch of live debugging on the Miataru server, we were able to fix some malformed requests (which ended up in new test cases for the Miataru server as well ). We now can display all devices you added to the device list on the map in the SailfishOS Cllient. Unfortunately, your own device does still stick on the coordinates of Karlsruhe, Germany, where the app is currently developed. I haven’t managed to fully access the internal position API of the Jolla phone, yet – however this is the next bit we are currently working on.
There’s no dedicated discussion forum or bug tracker yet, however the easiest way to send in any requests or questions regarding the app is the OpenRepos page of the app. It’s currently open for comments and being read frequently.
Stay tuned for the next update, though…